If you need a formal letter of invitation to the workshop, please contact Don Sheehy (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your full name, address, and the subject of the research you would like to present.
UConn is located in Storrs, CT. The nearest airport is Bradley International Airport in Hartford, CT.
Shuttle from Hartford Union Station and Bradley Airport:
There are shuttle services available but they must be reserved in advance.
See http://transpo.uconn.edu/#shuttleUnion for transportation from Hartford Union Station.
See http://transpo.uconn.edu/#shuttleAirport for the airport shuttle.
Directions by car:
From the West – Interstate 84 East to Exit 68. From exit, take a right onto Route 195, and follow for 7 miles to campus.
Alternate directions from the West – Interstate 84 East to Interstate 384 East. At end of Interstate 384 East, take left fork to Route 44 East. Follow Route 44 East to intersection with Route 195. Take a right onto Route 195 and follow the signs to campus.
From the East – Interstate 84 West to Exit 68. From exit, take a left onto Route 195, and follow for 7 miles to campus.
From the Southeast – Interstate 95 to 395 North. Take Exit 81 West to Route 32 North. Follow Route 32 North to Willimantic. In town, turn right and go over bridge. Continue straight through the light and follow 195 North for 8 miles to campus.
There is only one hotel within walking distance of campus, the Nathan Hale Inn, but the Best Western Regent Inn has public transportation access to UConn. Also, we have recruited some graduate students who are willing to shuttle some folks back and forth to hotels.
Other nearby options:
- Best Western Regent Inn (Link)
- Tolland Inn (about a mile farther away than the Best Western), only 3 rooms ($169+) that Friday, all with only one queen or larger bed.
- The Fitch House, Mansfield, at the junction of Rts. 195 & 89. Ad has 3 rooms, 1 with twin beds, 2 with one queen, each $110.
- Summit Meadow Farm B&B, 69 Summit Rd Storrs, CT 06268, phone: (860) 617-5105
- The Daniel Rust House Bed and Breakfast (Link) 4 rooms, $120 – $185, 2011 Main Street, Coventry, CT 06238
Visitors may park in either the North or South parking garages.
Parking garages are marked with red arrows on the map below.