This series of Fall Workshops on Computational Geometry was originally founded under the sponsorship of the Mathematical Sciences Institute (MSI) at Stony Brook (with funding from the U. S. Army Research Office) from 1991 through 1995, with venues at Stony Brook (1991, 1992, 1995), North Carolina State (1993), and Cornell (1994). It continued during 1996-1999 under the sponsorship of the Center for Geometric Computing, a collaborative center of Brown, Duke, and Johns Hopkins Universities, also funded by the U.S. Army Research Office. The workshop was hosted at Johns Hopkins (1996, 1999), Duke (1997), and Brown (1998).
The workshop returned in 2000 to Stony Brook for its tenth year. The eleventh workshop was hosted at Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, NY. The twelfth workshop (2002) was part of the Special Focus on Computational Geometry and Applications at DIMACS, while the thirteenth (2003) was under the guise of the workshop on Mathematical Foundations of Geometric Algorithms, as part of the Special Semester on Computational Geometry at Mathematical Sciences Research Institute, Berkeley. The fourteenth through nineteenth workshops were hosted at MIT (2004), the University of Pennsylvania (2005), Smith College (2006), IBM T.J. Watson Research Center (2007), Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (2008), and Tufts University (2009), respectively.
The workshop returned in 2010 again to Stony Brook for its twentieth year, in time to celebrate the grand opening of the new Simons Center for Geometry and Physics at Stony Brook.
The 21st and 22nd workshop were held at the City College of New York (2011) and the University of Maryland at College Park (2012). In 2013 the 23rd workshop returned to the City College of New York.
- 1st Fall Workshop, SUNY Stony Brook, October 25-26, 1991
- 2nd Fall Workshop, SUNY Stony Brook, October 23-24, 1992
- 3rd Fall Workshop, North Carolina State, October 14-16, 1993
- 4th Fall Workshop, Cornell, October 14-15, 1994
- 5th Fall Workshop, MSI-Stony Brook, NY, October 20-21, 1995
- 6th Fall Workshop, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, October 11-12, 1996
- 7th Fall Workshop, Duke University, Durham, NC, Oct. 18-19, 1997
- 8th Fall Workshop, Brown University, Providence, RI, Oct. 11-12, 1998
- 9th Fall Workshop, Johns Hopkins University, October 15-16, 1999
- 10th Fall Workshop, SUNY at Stony Brook, NY, October 27-28, 2000
- 11th Fall Workshop, Polytechnic University, Brooklyn, NY, November 2-3, 2001
- 12th Fall Workshop, DIMACS, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ, November 18-20, 2002
- 13th Fall Workshop, MSRI, University of California at Berkeley, CA, November 17-21, 2003
- 14th Fall Workshop, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, November 19-20, 2004
- 15th Fall Workshop, UPenn, Philadelphia, PA, November 18-19, 2005
- 16th Fall Workshop, Smith College, Nothampton, MA, November 10-11, 2006
- 17th Fall Workshop, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, Hawthorne, New York. November 9-10, 2007
- 18th Fall Workshop, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY, October 31-November 1, 2008
- 19th Fall Workshop, Tufts University, Medford, MA, November 13-14, 2009.
- 20th Fall Workshop, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, October 29-30, 2010.
- 21st Fall Workshop, City College of New York, New York, NY, November 4-5, 2011.
- 22nd Fall Workshop, University of Maryland, College Park, MD, November 9-10, 2012.
- 23rd Fall Workshop, City College of New York, Manhattan, NY, October 25-26, 2013